Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Leyendecker Styled Portraits

Wanted to get some paintings out last night, cause I haven't had much time to do it lately.  It feels good to just spontaneously start painting a couple small things.


These took about 30-40 minutes each.  I've been wanting to do some Leyendecker studies lately because I really love his paintings.  Obviously, these aren't studies from his paintings, just stuff from my head.  I'll do some regular studies from his paintings when I get the time.

1 comment:

Alphonso Orozco said...

I like how these turned out. Really makes me want to start painting again at least try to. I really like the first one with all that detail, the highlights around his cheeks and especially his baggy eyelids. The second one has a great soft feel to it, and I love the blushing accents she has. Good J'oorb!